I provide French-to-English and German-to-English translations.
News, features, music, cinema, wine, food, photography, and fine art are just some of the areas in which I have translation experience. In two decades as a professional writer, I’ve gained lots of experience in making sure text is both accurate and interesting. Now, I use this skill on behalf of my translation clients. I deliver polished, accurate, natural translations, on time and with excellent customer service.
I also have considerable experience in:
- medical, technical, and pharmaceutical translation
- business translation, including correspondence, publications such as reports and newsletters
- marketing copy for B2B and B2C applications
I aim to be versatile, skilled, dependable, and easy to work with. I’m continually pursuing learning opportunities, as well—have to keep the skills sharp, both for language and for subject-matter knowledge.
My mother tongue is US English. I am also comfortable and experienced working in British English—I did my master’s degree in London, and I do regular work for UK-based clients.
My clients, and my commitment to confidentiality
Directly and through agencies, I have performed translations for firms including:
- One of the world’s largest multinational technology companies
- Several trade and mass-market publications
- Artists, art galleries, and museums
- Specialty companies in the luxury-goods sector
- One of the largest worldwide entertainment promotions companies in its segment
- Pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers
- Major multinational telecommunications companies
- Top multinational industrial and transportation firms
I adhere to the confidentiality commitments I make to my clients. Therefore, I do not publicly identify specific firms with which I have worked, nor do I share the documents I have worked on for them without their express consent.
I am proud of my work and it would be nice to display it publicly, but discretion is important to my clients, and their satisfaction is important to me. (So is legal compliance!)
I have training at the post-graduate level in both consecutive and simultaneous interpreting, in institutional and public-service contexts including government, business, medical, and legal.
My clients have repeatedly praised my attention to detail, my prompt delivery of work, and the overall quality of my translations. I stand by my work, and I am happy to demonstrate my skill by translating a sample text free of charge.
(Sample text offer is subject to length limitations, and is available to new clients only.)
My rates are competitive and fair, and I can give you a specific cost analysis upon request. Send me an email describing your project to get an estimate.